Interior Photographs Of Famous Opera Houses
Beautiful work of photography from the photographer David Leventi. His photographs have been widely published in Culture + Travel, Vanity Fair. David Leventi’s current project, titled “Bjoerling’s Larynx,” records the interiors of world-famous opera houses. Photographed with a large-format view camera, this body of work is architecturally meticulous. The large prints historically document these national landmarks, capturing rows of velvet seats, ornate private boxes, chandeliers and gilt decorations in incredible detail.
1. Curtain Palais Garnier, Paris, France.
2. Estates Theatre, Prague, Czech Republic.
3. Margravial Opera House, Bayreuth, Germany.
4. Cuvillies Theatre, Munich, Germany.
5. Palau de Musica Catalana, Barcelona, Spain.
6. Opera de Monte Carlo, Monte Carlo, Monaco.
7. Bavarian State Opera, Munich, Germany.
8. Amargosa Opera House, Death Valley Junction, California.
9. Hungarian State Opera House, Budapest, Hungary.
10. Civic Opera House, Chicago, Illinois.
11. Drottningholm Palace Theatre, Stockholm, Sweden.
12. Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, London.
13. Teatro Amazonas, Manaus, Brazil.
14. La Scala, Milan, Italy.
15. Teatro di San Carlo, Naples, Italy.
16. Metropolitan Opera House, New York.
17. Oslo Opera House, Oslo, Norway.
18. Palais Garnier, Paris, France.
19. Romanian Athenaeum, Bucharest, Romania.
20. Mariinsky Theatre, Saint Petersburg, Russia.
21. Mikhailovsky Theatre, Saint Petersburg, Russia.
22. Royal Swedish Opera, Stockholm, Sweden, 2008
23. La Fenice, Venice, Italy, 2008
24. War Memorial Opera House, San Francisco, California, 2009